RMS Technical Bulletin October 2021
TECHNICAL BULLETIN OCTOBER 2021
RMS will be releasing quarterly Technical Bulletins to equip you with all of the recent and upcoming changes that have happened to our products, as well as any new products we will be releasing.
MARLEY UPDATES/ IMPROVEMENTS - all changes are currently live
Hip & Thoracic Supports (this upgrade can be retro fitted to existing equipment)
We have upgraded the covering of our hip and thoracic supports - we now use 3mm Black Neoprene and elastic fittings, providing the following benefits:
- Much softer for improved comfort.
- Easier fitting with an even better postural contact.
- Attractive appearance.
- Machine washable.
Marley Vent Tray (this upgrade can be retro fitted to existing equipment)
We have improved the design of the Marley Vent Tray with a drop-in-mechanism which gives the following benefits:
- Interface has been improved providing greater security once fitted.
- It has been made easier for carers to fit and remove.
- Allows easy access for various medical equipment.
CADDY UPDATES/ IMPROVEMENTS - all changes are currently live
There is an increased choice of seat foams that can be used in the contoured seat cushions, including Gel and Pudgee foam variants.
VIRTUS UPDATES/ IMPROVEMENTS - all changes are currently live
All Footboards now have slots and pre-drilled holes as standard:
- Allows for the easy fitting of: Footcaps, Foot Straps, Anklesures and other foot control devices.
All Footboards are no depth adjustable:
- A series of new holes gives up to 70mm of rearward depth adjustment.
Flip Up Footboards:
- Angle adjustment of -10° down and 25° up.
- All adjustments can be made with the user remaining seated.
All Footboards are now also available in either 250mm or 300mm depths.
BUG UPDATES/ IMPROVEMENTS - all changes are currently live
The blue, red, yellow and orange upholstery covers have now been permanently discontinued by the manufacturer.
If you need replacement covers for an old-style Bug (pre-2017) the new colour upholstery kits can be fitted by RMS with a small adjustment upcharge.
Below are the 4 current colours used for the Bug upholstery.
A modern combination of dark or light grey with stylish blue or pink highlights.
If you require more information or simply have a question, please contact our technical department by emailing - firstname.lastname@example.org